Golborne Medical – West Ten GPs

16 Golborne Road, Ladbroke Grove, W10 5PE


If a household contact/family member has symptoms of coronavirus

Coronavirus Sick Note if you are well but a family member has symptoms

This information is correct at the time of publishing 26/03/20

If you are well, but a member of your household has symptoms of cornavirus, you can obtain a sick note here: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/.

The government has advised that your employer should not be requesting a formal sick note during this cornavirus emergency. This means that doctors can focus on looking after unwell patients.

Please also read https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/

for advice regarding self isolation

If you are unwell or your symptoms are worsening, you should obtain medical advice.

The easiest way is to use the cornavirus symptom checker https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ to find out the appropriate next steps. You can also contact your GP or 111.

However, if you are very unwell with symptoms such as acute shortness of breath / chest pain you should seek emergency help / call 999